- a)freak out
- b)keep their plans secret so no one will ask about them
- c)assume they'll never succeed
- d)not know where to start
- e)give up before they start
How did you do on that multiple choice test? If you answered (f) all of the above, there might be a reason. According to my own completely unsubstantiated opinion, there are three things that keep women from moving forward in their lives:
- lack of time
- lack of money
- lack of confidence/knowledge
So, instead of a guest post, today I'm introducing a new guest. A guest who knows all about business and would love to offer you free advice.
It's your local Women's Business Center!
Here are a few highlights of what is or will soon be available at my local WBC (most of these are free and the paid events are very low cost):
- financial education
- mentoring program
- business planning
- one-on-one consultations
- networking meetings
- social events
- government contract information
- business training sessions
- consultations with professionals such as attorneys and CPAs
- human resources seminars
- information about funding
- access to other resources
The Women's Business Center is not just a local agency. It's a national partially government-funded organization meant to assist women and economically/socially disadvantaged people to become entrepreneurs, and it's part of the Small Business Administration.
This is a great resource to help you overcome all those pesky obstacles that are standing in your way, and won't have to spend thousands of dollars to get their advice. So check the directory, find a WBC near you, and get the help you need to launch your business!