So here's my question for you: People have different needs. How could family-friendly workplaces help you most? Here are a few possibilities:
- I'm a single parent and there aren't enough hours in the day.
- I'm a new father and I want more time with my newborn baby.
- I have a chronic illness and full-time work exhausts me.
- I have aging parents who need extra help.
- I don't want to give up my hobbies or community service, so I need a reduced workload.
- I'm more productive at home.
- I want to be there when my kids get home from school.
- I need more paid time off for when I get sick.
- I don't like what my commute is doing to the environment, my car, my gas costs, and my mood.
- It's really hard for me to fit my school schedule around work.
- I'd like to feel that my boss trusts me enough to get work done on time without him or her breathing down my neck.
- I don't have kids yet, but when I do, I would like to know that I have options.
How could a family-friendly work environment help you?