1. Women's suffrage became law throughout the United States in what year?
a) 1920 b) 1870 b) 1940 d) 1890
2. Which amendment to the Constitution gave women the right to vote?
a) Nineteenth b) Fifteenth c) Sixteenth d) Thirteenth
3.Which state was the first to grant women the right to vote?
a) Wyoming b) Utah c) California d) Colorado
4.Why was Susan B. Anthony arrested in 1872?
a) she voted in a federal election b) she sheltered a runaway slave c) she robbed a bank d) she picketed in front of the White House
5. Though it prohibited many kinds of discrimination, Title IX is most famous for promoting equality in:
a) sports b) medical school admissions c) voting rights d) household chores
6. Betty Friedan's 1963 book about "the problem with no name" was titled:
a) No Money, No Life b) The Feminist Within c) The Second Shift d) The Feminine Mystique
7. Gloria Steinem co-founded what magazine?
a) Ladies' Home Journal b) Working Mother c) People d) Ms.
8. Of the 535 seats in the U.S. Congress, how many are held by women?
a) 2 b) 410 c) 195 d) 90
9. What percentage of men's pay do women in the U.S. earn, on average?
a) 35 b) 53 c) 62 d) 77
10. What country does not guarantee a woman can take paid time off from her job to care for a newborn baby?
a) Afghanistan b) South Africa c) Australia d) the United States
Answer key: The answers for 1-5 are all a. The answers for 6-10 are all d.